Contact the NHI Chair
- Draw up agenda for monthly NHI business meetings and bring 10 printed copies of the agenda to the meeting.
- Submit and track receipts from all chairperson related expenses for reimbursement by treasurer. Authorized expenses may include postage, printing, supplies and phone charges.
- Preside over and conduct monthly NHI business meetings in accordance with “Roberts’ Rules of Order for Parliamentary Procedure”.
- Call any special meetings of NHI and preside over those meetings in the same manner.
- Ensure that general account of NHI be audited annually.
- Cast deciding vote in the event of a tie.
- Sign all NHI account checks in the absence of Treasurer.
- Establish short and long-term goals from input of Intergroup representatives.
- Be an ex-officio member of all NHI standing committees.
- Keep current on all committee projects and affairs.
- Maintain regular contact with officers and committee chairs between meetings regarding status of projects.
- Make decision regarding cancellation of NHI meetings due to inclement weather and initiate communication process.