Contact the NHI Recording Secretary
- Take notes of everything that happens during meetings. All reports, motions and discussions are recorded.
- Record the meetings to ensure accuracy of the minutes. The recordings are not kept as a permanent record.
- Create the Secretary’s report, using meeting notes and the recording. Submit to the NHI Chair a copy of the report for review one week prior to next NHI business meeting. Chair will offer corrections/clarifications, and the Secretary will assist Chair in setting agenda for the upcoming meeting.
- Distribute copies of the final draft report, via email to the NHI group reps prior to the next meeting and deliver 10 printed copies for review at the next meeting.
- Review final report with intergroup at next meeting, noting any necessary corrections.
- Submit final report to webmaster for posting on NHI website.
- Maintain attendance records of meeting.
- Maintain copies of all minutes, treasurer’s reports, newsletters and other pertinent records in a safe and responsible manner.
- Submit and track receipts from all secretarial expenses for reimbursement by treasurer. Authorized expenses may include postage, printing, supplies and phone charges.
- Answer correspondence directed to the secretary or as directed by NHI.
- Maintain document version control when performing the following tasks:
- Update NHI By-Laws and NHI Charter as needed.
- Update NHI History and NHI Policies and Procedures at year’s end.
- Update NHI officer and committee job descriptions using input from current officers and committee chairmen.
- Update NHI Speakers List.
- Perform service, as possible, to support NHI officers, NHI members and local meetings.