Twelfth Step Within does not focus on attracting new members; it explicitly supports the ones we already have. Anyone who is abstinent and working his or her own recovery can do this service. No special qualifications are necessary; only willingness is needed. We can all help carry the message of recovery through abstinence and working the Steps by (1) being well ourselves; (2) giving service, sponsorship and friendship; (3) encouraging membership retention; and (4) attending meetings and OA events.
Twelfth Step Within
Twelfth Step Within
- Is it “Time for Twelfth-Step-Within?”
- Look at or print out the Region Six Twelfth Step Within Telephone Call flyer for suggestions on reaching out by telephone.
- Bring up the annual Twelfth Step Within Day on December 12th (12/12) at your meetings to encourage members to reach out and perhaps hold a special meeting.
- Print out the article Been Slippin’ and Slidin’ for yourself or your meeting.
Hand-outs on The Spiritual Principles of the Twelve Steps:
For an in-depth study of the Twelve Steps, read The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous, available from the OA Bookstore.
- Step One: Honesty (TSW committee for October 2013)
- Step Two & Step Three: Hope & Faith (TSW committee for November 2013)
- Step Four & Step Five: Courage & Integrity (TSW committee for December 2013)
- Step Six: Willingness (TSW committee for January 2014)
- Step Seven: Humility (TSW committee for February 2014)
- Step Eight & Step Nine: Self-discipline & Love (TSW committee for March 2014)
- Step Ten: Perseverance (TSW committee for April 2014)
- Step Eleven: Spiritual Awareness (TSW committee for May 2014)
- Step Twelve: Service (TSW committee for June 2014)
Hand-outs based on the Twelfth-Step-Within Handbook
available from the OA Bookstore:
- Together We Can Do What We Could Never Do Alone and the Recovery Insurance Policy (TSW committee for December 2012)
- Is Your Twelfth Step Within Service Safe and Caring (TSW committee for January 2013)
- How Do You Treat Newcomers And Those in Relapse? (TSW committee for February 2013)
- Are You Willing to Work With Those Who Are Still Suffering? (TSW committee for March 2013)
- How Can You Strengthen Your Own Recovery? (TSW committee for April 2013)
- How Do We Carry The Message? (TSW committee for May 2013)
- How Do We Work With Others? (TSW committee for June 2013)
- Sponsoring: A Privilege and a Responsibility (TSW committee for September 2013)
- Sponsorship Opportunities (TSW committee for September 2013)
This website is maintained by the New Hampshire Intergroup (NHI) of Overeaters Anonymous®.
Opinions expressed are not the opinions of NHI or OA as a whole. Comments about site content, or suggestions, should be sent to the NHI Webmaster.
Permission to use the Overeaters Anonymous logo was granted by the World Service Office of Overeaters Anonymous on March 30, 2016.