New Hampshire Intergroup is made up of officers, committee chairs, and committee members. For more information about each of these roles, please refer to their respective descriptions below.
Contact the NHI Chair
- Draw up agenda for monthly NHI business meetings and bring 10 printed copies of the agenda to the meeting.
- Submit and track receipts from all chairperson related expenses for reimbursement by treasurer. Authorized expenses may include postage, printing, supplies and phone charges.
- Preside over and conduct monthly NHI business meetings in accordance with “Roberts’ Rules of Order for Parliamentary Procedure”.
- Call any special meetings of NHI and preside over those meetings in the same manner.
- Ensure that general account of NHI be audited annually.
- Cast deciding vote in the event of a tie.
- Sign all NHI account checks in the absence of Treasurer.
- Establish short and long-term goals from input of Intergroup representatives.
- Be an ex-officio member of all NHI standing committees.
- Keep current on all committee projects and affairs.
- Maintain regular contact with officers and committee chairs between meetings regarding status of projects.
- Make decision regarding cancellation of NHI meetings due to inclement weather and initiate communication process.
Contact the NHI Vice Chair
- Serve in the absence of the Chair in accordance with Article IV, Section 6A of the bylaws.
- Submit and track receipts from all vice-chairperson related expenses for reimbursement by treasurer.
- Authorized expenses may include postage, printing, supplies and phone charges.
- Make follow-up contact with new Group Representatives after their first meeting at NHI, to orient and support the Rep.
- Provide new reps with up-to-date binders
- Order literature for binders when needed
- Serve as Chair of the Nominating Committee for yearly elections.
- Call NHTI Security at 10:30 a.m. day of the monthly Sunday business meeting to remind them to unlock Room 318 in Sweeney Hall from 1pm to 4pm. NHTI Security can be reached at (603) 224-3287.
Contact the NHI Recording Secretary
- Take notes of everything that happens during meetings. All reports, motions and discussions are recorded.
- Record the meetings to ensure accuracy of the minutes. The recordings are not kept as a permanent record.
- Create the Secretary’s report, using meeting notes and the recording. Submit to the NHI Chair a copy of the report for review one week prior to next NHI business meeting. Chair will offer corrections/clarifications, and the Secretary will assist Chair in setting agenda for the upcoming meeting.
- Distribute copies of the final draft report, via email to the NHI group reps prior to the next meeting and deliver 10 printed copies for review at the next meeting.
- Review final report with intergroup at next meeting, noting any necessary corrections.
- Submit final report to webmaster for posting on NHI website.
- Maintain attendance records of meeting.
- Maintain copies of all minutes, treasurer’s reports, newsletters and other pertinent records in a safe and responsible manner.
- Submit and track receipts from all secretarial expenses for reimbursement by treasurer. Authorized expenses may include postage, printing, supplies and phone charges.
- Answer correspondence directed to the secretary or as directed by NHI.
- Maintain document version control when performing the following tasks:
- Update NHI By-Laws and NHI Charter as needed.
- Update NHI History and NHI Policies and Procedures at year’s end.
- Update NHI officer and committee job descriptions using input from current officers and committee chairmen.
- Update NHI Speakers List.
- Perform service, as possible, to support NHI officers, NHI members and local meetings.
Contact the NHI Treasurer
- Maintain a checking account established in the name of New Hampshire Intergroup for dispersal of NHI funds.
- Be the guardian of all funds received and disbursed.
- Record contributions received via cash, check, money order, or PayPal.
- Reconcile checkbook register monthly by accessing TD Bank online and printing monthly statement. The total of the general fund + retreat fund +delegates fund must match checkbook balance.
- Pay expenses using checks, debit card, or PayPal: review each expense for accuracy. Expenses may include printing of meeting lists, flyers and reports; postage; telephone charges; insurance; mileage; public information; Region 6 Rep and WSO Delegate expenses; sharathon and retreat expenses.
- Pay rent monthly, or per current arrangement, to meeting space provider.
- Send contribution to World Service per group conscience.
- Send contribution to World Service and Region 6 per group conscience.
- Keep running totals of current year’s retreat and sharathon expenses.
- Prepare a monthly treasurer’s report to include a comparison to the yearly budget.
- Email PDF version of the Treasurer’s report to NHI Secretary for distribution and print 15 copies to bring to the NHI meeting.
- Transfers and manages money in NHI’s Fund Accounts in keeping with approved budget amounts – General Fund, Delegates Fund and Retreat Fund.
- Prepare an annual budget with input from the Budget Committee in October; present budget at the November NHI meeting and seek approval at the December meeting.
- Every 6 months, asks at the NHI meeting for 2 volunteers to stay after the meeting to “audit” the past 6 months of expenses.
- Files IRS postcard for non-profits annually using online system. Deadline is May 15th.
Contact the Parliamentarian
- Be familiar with Roberts Rules of Order and their application.
- Settle questions of rules and procedures during NHI meetings.
- Interpret the rules on matters concerning NHI Bylaws and Charter.
Contact the NHI’s World Service Delegates
- Ensure that all meetings are informed about all motions that are being considered for the annual World Service Business Conference (WSBC).
- Represent NHI at the annual WSBC.
- Provide a written report to NHI regarding the business that transpired at the annual WSBC.
- Also serve as Region Six Representative(s).
Contact the NHI’s Region 6 Representatives
- Represent NHI at the Region Six Assemblies.
- Provide a written report to NHI regarding the business that transpired at the Region Six Assemblies.
This website is maintained by the New Hampshire Intergroup (NHI) of Overeaters Anonymous®.
Opinions expressed are not the opinions of NHI or OA as a whole. Comments about site content, or suggestions, should be sent to the NHI Webmaster.
Permission to use the Overeaters Anonymous logo was granted by the World Service Office of Overeaters Anonymous on March 30, 2016.